Saturday, February 21, 2009

(Vicariously) Enjoying Beijing

As I mentioned in my previous post, this flu prevented me to do much more than lying down waiting for the fever and the cough to go away. So entertaining Tami, who is visiting from Israel, was beyond my capacity. 
But like a big girl, she enjoyed discovering Beijing and its treasures. She visited the big ones: the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. She toured some well preserved hutong area in pedicab, and strolled around the Houhai lake. Pauli took her to some of our favorite hutong, NanGoluxian Hutong, and to the Beihai Lake park. And fortunately, by the end of the week, I was able to introduce her to some of my favorite market shopping (Wal Mart and wet market), where we both dug out some of the most unusual food products. The culmination of her stay was reached at the Silk Market, where both her and Pauli emptied several stalls (making the businessman really happy). 
So I am cheating here and posting for you a small compendium of her own great photos. Maybe some of you will find this inspiring to come and visit us.   


No comments: