Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ikea or the Scale Factor

Today we went to Ikea. I can't even remember how the taxi driver prononced the name! Maybe something like "Eedjee-ah" said very fast. I can't remember all the new words people tell me. But that can be the subject of another post.
So we set our to Eedjee-ah, by cab. After crossing a good part of the city, we arrived in front of a massive blue box. The second largest store, after the original one, in Sweden. I guess they respond to the demand here! A rising middle class mass.
De Ikea
 
De Ikea
First objective: food. Noam is hungry. So we try to find a free spot in a see of tables and people. After quite a few attempts and rounds around the cafeteria, we find a seat and a high chair, and I set myself in the queue. The same famous meatballs for me and some vegetarian stirfry for Paul. Noam gets a bit of both. Hummmy!
The we are ready to head in the jungle of the display room. It is packed of people! We are in a mission: finding a coffee table/baby table/high chair/cosy chair/plastic plates/plastic cups... 
De Ikea
We emerged 4 hours later: Mission Accomplie!  

No comments: