Monday, November 10, 2008

It has arrived... finally!

Yes today was the day! Our container, our furniture, our stufffffff arrived! Fini le camping! Enfin!
The movers came in at 9h30 this morning, and very professionally covered our floors with cardboard, and every wall corner, to protect everything. Then the flow of boxes started to come in, one after another. My role was to direct traffic. After verifying the box number and identifying its content from a list, I would direct it to a potentially relevant destination. After a considerable amount of boxes, the movers started to unpack. That is when the real fun started. I had to run around the apartment, determining where the stuff should be stored. Of course, all the built-in shelves we had in Washington did not follow, so consequently, a number of our things now have no home. I let the movers go around 5h00PM, unable to see what I could do with a number of unopened boxes. Tomorrow I will have a better look!
But in essence, it feels good. It is all finally all here. 
At the same time, I will be scratching my head for a few days, wondering how and where to fit everything in here!

De Movers 09-nov-2008

No comments: