Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A few moments later...

Dear all,

I did not mean to leave you alone for so long. I never intended to let this blog idle. But the fact is that I have been quite busy. Life here has taken over. I go on my little days one after the other without realizing that we now have been here for what? 2 months already!
However how busy I might feel, most days I am only able provide a very thin list of "accomplishments": 
1) been to my Chinese lessons and learned a couple more words; 
2) cleared up some boxes;
3) taught my ayi (nanny) some new tricks;
4) trekked the city and maybe found one of the needed but missing thing for our house (either be a special light bulb, an adaptor for the sink, a piece of furniture or a guy to repair things)... 
Sounds very exciting, right? Well. Maybe. I guess. I am trying to see the positive in all of that. I am getting to know the city better. I am practicing my Putungua (Mandarin) in taxis and at home. 
But I guess this is this special period called adjustment. Where one settles slowly into feeling more comfortable into a new environment. 
So meanwhile, as I am determined to give you a better idea of our life here, I have a few more posts coming. Hopefully you will be able to relate a bit better to our "Beijing moments"... And maybe by the time the New Year comes I will have cleared the boxes and learned enough Mandarin to ask the taxi driver to stop for a good photo... 
 

No comments: